Thursday, August 14, 2014

Nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic...

I do anything I can to incorporate John Green, history geek and YA novelist extraordinaire, into my interactions with my students. As a middle school teacher, I can't help but appreciate the combination of his unbridled love of the intellectual and teenage-readers unbridled love for him. Once upon a time, I felt like I was really in the know when I'd give kids his books, but with the amazing success of The Fault in our Stars, the secret is out. 

This year, I'm hanging this John Green quote in  my classroom in an attempt to counteract the inherent need to stifle enthusiasm that most adolescents possess:


quotes design Home inspiration nerd amazing john green graphic design science chemistry Literature Nerdfighter psychology geek biology nerds press release physics geeks inspiring quotes nerd fighter
I found this on GeekSpeak's tumblr. Visit  for more fun posters!

Any other great quotes for a reading classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment